I love twix candy bars! The buttery cookie, topped with creamy caramel and drenched in smooth milk chocolate.What’s there not to love?
My love of twix started in middle school.Me and my sister would walk home passing a small family owned store .We usually put our money together to grab a small treat .Twix was perfect because it not only had two perfectly divided pieces of chocolate it also had caramel both of our favorites.We enjoyed our chocolate on the way home and its been a favorite ever since.
These homemade candy bars taste like the real deal.Made with five simple ingredients you probably already have. They’re absolutely fantastic! Give them a try and tell me what you think.
- 1 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips
- 13.4 ounce can of dulce de leche thick caramel(I used nestle brand.)
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix in flour until dough is formed.
- Press dough into a 9 by 13 pan and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake 35 -40 minutes and let cool completely.
- Spread top of cookies with caramel and cut into the size bars you would like.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the bars .Place on parchment paper and allow to set.Store in the refrigerator for best results.