Quick and delicious these stuffed bell peppers are perfect for any occasion. I serve these as a simple everyday family dinner or even when I’m entertaining dinner guests these never fail! For the kids I like to cut these in half but today I went with whole peppers.I like to plan ahead for this recipe I usually use rice from the night before .I also like to prepare these a day ahead if I know the following day is going to be a hectic one .I just assemble, cover and place in the fridge no need to freeze if your using them the next day.I haven’t tried freezing the entire pepper but I have frozen the filling for ten days and it was fine.
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp crushed pepper ( optional)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 475º
- Brown ground beef in a skillet seasoning with salt,oregano,cinnamon,cumin,and crushed pepper(optional).
- Combine ground beef with rice and about 12 ounces of the tomato sauce.
- Mix the remaining tomato sauce with a cup of water pour on the bottom of baking dish.
- Stuff bell peppers with filling and bake for 45-55 min covered with aluminum foil.